WANTED: Car/van to travel across SA starting from September 19 - 2017 in Chile

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Fri, 08/11/2017 - 01:25

WANTED: Car/van to travel across SA starting from September 19 - 2017 in Chile

Hello everyone

Me and my girlfriend are planning on travelling across South America for about a year.
We will be starting in September this year.

So far, we haven't planned anything yet. We're not planning on planning much either, because we don't want to be depended on some schedule or route. All we know is we would love to do our trip by car, so we don't have to depend on public transport all the time.
I've been scanning the internet for information on buying a car in South America for cross-country travel, but it hasn't been very succesful. All I found out was that Chili seems to be the best country for it.

Most people second guess the idea because it's quite dangerous and/or risky. Bad roads, bribes, bad drives, thiefs,... the list is long and actually fairly daunting.
Still, being able to stop wherever and whenever we like, being able to reach places we would otherwise never see, forming a bond with the car and giving it a silly name,... that's the way we want to travel.

We'll be flying to Santiago de Chile on September 18 from Belgium. 
Obviously we don't want to spend to much money on a car, but we know it won't be cheap. The dream would be to find a van/4x4 but we could manage with something small as well if our budget won't allow bigger. 

Anyone who could help us out?

Thanks in advance!

All help is welcome! Stories, ideas, facts, tips, websites,....

Cheers
Emiel

Mon, 08/14/2017 - 09:02

Nissan Pathfinder for sale

Hi there! We will be selling our Nissan Pathfinder in mid-October in Chile (preferably Arica). We've been travelling with the car since January and wouldn't have done it any other way! If you have any questions at all about a trip with a vehicle, we'd love to help!

Feel free to take a look at our description and photos and let us know if you're interested! https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qwrzl5whk3ok43c/AACGfbRIBAiqBszVlt-HbOS5a?dl=0

Steph & Cyril

Mon, 08/14/2017 - 13:43

Montero for sale

Our baby is also on the market for her next rad couple:

http://www.drivetheamericas.com/forums/adventure-car-looking-her-next-ad...

Tue, 08/15/2017 - 03:54

Hi, thanks for the replies.

Hi, thanks for the replies.

These look like great cars, but we're looking to buy a car as soon as we arrive. Preferably a bit cheaper as well