2004 Mercedes Benz Sprinter 313 CDI For Sale in Santiago area Sept. 2016

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Thu, 07/07/2016 - 12:57

2004 Mercedes Benz Sprinter 313 CDI For Sale in Santiago area Sept. 2016

Overview

- 2004 Mercedes Benz Sprinter 313 CDI (131 cu in turbo charged diesel engine)
- Currently has just over 200,000 kms - will likely be around 215,000 kms when we finish
- 5 speed manual transmission, rear wheel drive
- Available in Chile (Santiago or north) late September/early October
- $13,000 USD OBO

We are an American couple who purchased this van (affectionately named Bill) in Chile for extended travel around South America (Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador and Colombia). We will still be on the road for a few more months, but we plan to be back in Chile to sell around late September/October (flexible on the exact date). The van has been amazing to travel in - extremely comfortable living space (we virtually never need to stay in hostels/hotels), great fuel economy (we average around 12 km/liter - 28 mpg), and tough enough to get you just about anywhere you want to go (we completed the Carretera Austral in Patagonia and the southwest circuit from San Pedro de Atacama Chile to Uyuni Bolivia with no issues)

Technical

- 131 cu in turbo charged diesel engine is extremely fuel efficient yet provides plenty of power, even at high altitudes (we’ve driven off road at over 16,000ft with no issues)
- Short length body style. Very nice as this qualifies as the same type of vehicle as a car in Chile, which means you pay the lower toll rate on the highways.
- All tires plus the spare have plenty of tread left
- 4 wheel disc brakes with brand new brake rotors (discs) and pads. We replaced them at around 200,000 kms.
- Regular maintenance performed (oil changes, air filter changed, etc.)
- Suspension in excellent shape. We replaced the rear shocks at around 200,000kms when the brakes were done.
- Alarm with remote (will disable the ignition if someone tries to start it without disabling the alarm first)
- Second battery for accessory power (nothing for the rear runs off the main car battery to ensure you always have charge to start the van)
- 400W power inverter (we easily charge a laptop, tablet, phone, and camera batteries off this with power to spare)
- AM/FM/CD/MP3 stereo with auxiliary cable for use with iPods, etc.
- Garmin GPS
- Revision Technica valid until December 2016 (this is a required inspection for Chilean vehicles - the van had no trouble passing when we got this renewed just a few weeks back)
- Chilean mandatory insurance valid until March 31st, 2017
- MERCOSUR insurance valid until November 26th, 2016 (this is good for travel to Argentina, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay and Brazil)
- Mercedes Sprinter vans are extremely popular all over South America (you see them for tour and transport companies everywhere) so finding parts and people knowledgeable to work on them is very easy should the need arise. This is a huge positive.

Interior Features

Fully converted living space in the back with:
- 6ft of interior head room in the rear! Believe us, this is extremely nice when you’re living in a van full time
- One slightly larger than double bed plus bench seats that convert into an additional double bed
- Bench seats that can accommodate up to 5 around a folding table which stores away during transit
- Huge storage area under the bed that can be accessed from inside or the back doors
- Shower stall (for use with included solar shower).
- Efficient LED lighting for the rear (run off the second battery) plus several LED tap lights
- 27” flat screen TV on a swivel arm (can be viewed from bed or while sitting on the bench seats) with built in DVD player and HDMI port. Can be run off the power inverter.
- Roof vent with fan and lights that run directly off the second battery
- Sink, induction stove (special induction pot included), refrigerator. Currently the van must be plugged in to 220v electrical power (cable included) in order to use the fridge and the induction stove, however the fridge could very easily be run off of the second battery if you chose to do so. We’ve faired fine using the refrigerator as an ice chest and cooking with a gas stove, which is included in the sale.
- Chemical toilet (very nice when stealth camping in a city)
- Spice jars above kitchen counter (very convenient)
- Tons of storage cabinets that make staying organized easy
- Note: there is currently no water tank (we just use 6 liter jugs, which works great) but there is plenty of room to add one if desired. You could easily hook up a small 12v water pump to the second battery and the faucet on the sink is fully plumbed and ready to be hooked up.

Extras

- Additional 20L jerry can for fuel with permanent locking mount on back door
- All kitchen utensils for 2 people (plates, bowls, pans, pot, knife, cutting board, tea kettle, wine opener, etc.)
- Solar shower
- Full size trash can which fits under bed and is easily accessed
- Broom and dust pan
- Plastic floor mat for cleaning off shoes or standing on if using solar shower outside
- Two pillows and two sets of sheets (for use with main bed and fold out bed)
- 12v air pump for tires
- 8 amp battery charger
- 300 amp emergency jumper battery pack with emergency light/usb charging port/12v cigarette style outlet (great for use with the 12v air pump for tires)
- Snow chains for tires
- Reflective vest, hazard triangles (required for emergencies)
- Gas stove and whatever gas canisters we have left
- Small gas heater (runs off same gas canisters as the stove)
- Us as contacts in case you have any questions about the van or just want some travel advice :)

Thu, 07/07/2016 - 18:39

We're intersted

please email us at

hdd AT hdd.net

Thanks!

Fri, 07/08/2016 - 07:29

we want this van!

Hi! we are a spanish couple with a one year old baby, we are living in Santiago de Chile since 2014 and we want to start travelling at the end of the winter so the date that you are selling the van feets perfect for us. i hope we can keep in touch during this time. please contact us at   barbara.paramo [@]  gmail    . com    and   rastidg    [@]    hotmail   . com    cheers!

Fri, 07/08/2016 - 11:55

very interested

Hi there,

If you are still looking for a buyer, I am very interested. My email is [email protected]

Many thanks

Dom

Sun, 07/10/2016 - 06:27

More info

Hi, I want more info please about the papers, I am in Argentina, I want to know how could I buy a car there in chile, or if you sell me ihere

Mi email [email protected]

Mon, 07/18/2016 - 14:32

Camper

Hi We are a family of 4 wanting a camper to travel, we arrive in Santiago on the 27th July and wonder if you would consider selling your van around then?

Wed, 07/20/2016 - 14:06 (Reply to #6)

Unfortunately we will not be

Unfortunately we will not be selling until September/October. 

Thanks!

Thu, 07/28/2016 - 08:19

Im interested, please mail at

Im interested, please mail at [email protected] nice trip!

Mon, 08/01/2016 - 13:15

Definitely interested

Hi, my wife, baby and I are very keen. We can arrange for a local friend to purchase it from you whenever you finish your travels. They will then hold it for us to start our trip in April next year. We could agree on your asking price too.
Please email me if this suits you... [email protected]com

Thank you!
Paul

Tue, 08/02/2016 - 11:18

Van

We are a couple with a baby, who want to explore south america. Start around the second half of october. Your van seems perfect for us. 

Please contact us [email protected]  

Thanks and greetings 

Jenni, Sören and greta 

Sun, 11/26/2017 - 12:59

Hi, do you still have the van

Hi, do you still have the van?

Thanks