CamperVan For Sale in Costa Rica/Nicaragua. 2000 GMC Safari. Ready to travel!

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Mon, 08/07/2017 - 11:37

CamperVan For Sale in Costa Rica/Nicaragua. 2000 GMC Safari. Ready to travel!

"Serena" It's our baby, a 2000 GMC Safari van I bought in Arizona this year, and which we are selling.
The outside and inside are both in very good conditions, some scratches and paint details since it's not new, but no dents or rust.

The car has been very solid, loyal and reliable. We crossed the states, and all the way to Guatemala so far (Going down to Costa Rica at the moment). It's good and comfortable for driving on the highway and also a good off-road vehicle when needed.

We did all the regular maintenance on time and using quality fluids. (Oil, Transmission Fluid and Air Filter)

I bought new tires right before crossing from USA to Mexico, so they are not too worn, they have a lot of use left in them.

When bought it, I changed the distributor cap as recommended by a friend, to improve fuel consumption, so that is pretty new too.

The only time something failed was the oil pump, and we got a new one. The Mechanic said it was due to normal wear & tear conditions.

Inside it has the two front seats, a foldable bed where 2 people fit with a foam pad/mattress (4inches), plenty of space for backpacks and stuff below the bed.
In the back it has furniture with a butane stove, a small sink without a tap (normally we use it with a water tank) and a thermic ice box/ cooler

Other info:
-Fuel Consumption: 11-13 lt/100km
-Total mileage approx. 230000 miles by the time we get to Costa Rica
-Engine V6 4.3lt
-Automatic Transmission
-Double A/C (Front and Back)
-Cruise Control (Very useful for long distance driving)

The van is complete and ready to start your travel (unfortunately doesn't include our clothes, but all the rest is there :D).
As you can imagine we developed a strong emotional attachment to Serena, so selling her to another traveller would be our great wish

Additional accessories that we are including with the van
-Double Fan with a extra battery that you can charge and last about 12 hours (so as not to have the car running during the night) which saved us during our nights sleeping in hot places
-12V to 110v Inverter, to charge laptop and similar
-Battery Charging cables
-A user manual with all the information you need about the car. (Was very usefull for knowing the car and when doing services)
-A 1 cup coffee machine (Doesn't connect to the car, but you can plug it in when camping :)
-Plastic plates and ceramic bowls
-Small frying pan
-Small pot
-Cutlery and some other small kitchen stuff
-Portable Grid for barbacue
-A couple of other small things like phone holder, usb chargers, etc

I'm asking for 4500USD for it.

Let me know any questions!

Tue, 08/08/2017 - 18:50

When?

Hi, When are you thinking about selling the car? We might be interested, but can't arrive in Costa Rica until the start of October.

Thu, 08/10/2017 - 19:34 (Reply to #2)

Hi! We need to sell it before

Hi! We need to sell it before mid. September, since we are flying out from Costa Rica around those dates.

Tue, 08/15/2017 - 01:19

Hi

Hi

is it still for sale? Would you eventually sell it in Panama too? 

Best

philippe

Tue, 08/22/2017 - 10:28 (Reply to #4)

Sell in Panama

Just saw the message Philippe. Sent you a private answer.

Tha van is still on sale.