Camping van with bed for sale NOW! US$3000

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Thu, 04/17/2014 - 18:14

Camping van with bed for sale NOW! US$3000

Hey all,

We have a 1994 Daewoo Damas for sale in Santiago right this very moment! We will be flying out on the 1st of May, so she has to go by the 31st of April. Drive away ready. The paperwork is all current until October and we have everything sorted out for you to go over. Additionally we have worked out the legal end so you will quite literally be able to sign and drive! We bought our van up in Peru and have driven her all through Peru, Chile, and Argentina since August. It has been the experience of a lifetime and now we are looking for another adventurer looking to take this galliant beauty off on yet another South American adventure!

Our van is manual transmission and runs on gas, (NOT diesel.) Costs about 16,000 Chilean Pesos (a little less than US$30) to fill her tank and we can get up to 6 hours of running time at 90 kmph as a very rough flat land average. I built a bed in the back that holds a large double bed and houses numerous storage containers beneath. To give you an idea of the storage capacity below, we have been traveling with a full range of climbing and mountaineering equipment and all of the associated clothing, plus road saftey equipment (gas canister, jack, tyre iron, reflectors, etc) camping gear, coolers, and chairs.

We rebuilt the transmission, clutch, and brakes, replaced the battery, spark plugs (and their cables), alternator, and several cosmetic pieces. Oil has been changed every 2,500 km (most recently 400 km ago) and we just flushed the radiator and cleaned the carborator recently. This van is more than capable of driving the carretera austral or route 40 (we just came north on 40,) and we drove much gnarlier roads in Peru and she handled them with style. There has not been a single climbing area or trailhead we haven't been able to get to thus far in all of South America. 

If you're interested in starting your South American driving adventure right here, hit me up at [email protected] or reply to this thread. I am available to skype or facetime at anytime if you are further away. I look forward to hearing from you soon and I hope this finds you well and excited for your trip!

Sincerely,

Sam & Amanda

Mon, 04/21/2014 - 11:45

I shops mention that we can

I shops mention that we can also work something out if you are interested but will be arriving here after our departure date. Looking forward to speaking with you soon.

-Sam and Amanda

Mon, 04/21/2014 - 11:51

Sorry auto-correct got the

Sorry auto-correct got the best of me...

"I should also mention that we can also work something out if you are interested but will be arriving here after our departure date."

Thu, 04/24/2014 - 09:48

Now only US$3000!

Price drop! Now only $3000 USD! (1,660,000 Chilean Pesos)

Tue, 05/13/2014 - 14:54

Our van is still available

Our van is still available for sale and currently in Pucon. Any offers, send them my way and we can chat. Hope you are all well!

Wed, 06/04/2014 - 14:27

Daewoo Damas

Hi, is your van sold by now? We are looking for a vehicle in the beginning of October. Would you be able to hold onto it until then?

Kr Sophie