**MUST SEE, Custom 4x4 Van for sale, end of Jan 2017, Chile or Argentina**

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Fri, 11/04/2016 - 17:54

**MUST SEE, Custom 4x4 Van for sale, end of Jan 2017, Chile or Argentina**

1997 Chevrolet Astro AWD  (All Wheel Drive)
4.3L (4300cc) 190 HP V6
4 speed Automatic gearbox
150,000 Miles (240,000kms) at time of handover
California plates
Asking price $13,000 US 

We will be finishing our trip from California to Ushuaia sometime near the end of January. The van will be available sometime around then, we are somewhat flexible on the date but handover can be no later than February 1st, 2017. The handover location will be somewhere in southern Chile or Argentina.
    This van is amazing, its in great shape and has already proven itself wonderfully on our 1 year trip. We built it ourselves in California so there was a great deal of attention to detail, as you will see from the pics. Mechanically it is in great shape, motor is strong and runs great. It has plenty of power which comes in handy in the mountains, it will easily cruise at 100KPH unlike its VW competitors which struggle up hills. Also the 4 wheel drive is great for getting on and off the beaches.
    This van really is great and has way too many features to list.  As you will read it really includes EVERYTHING you need for the trip. All you have to do is show up with your passport and some cloths. It is a great deal and worth every penny.
    I am uploading several pictures with this post but if you are interested or just want to see more, Check out our website at www.theglobetrol.com and our facebook page. There you will find tons more detailed pics of the entire build process from the start.

Van Features
Air conditioning
Power windows and locks
12/15 MPG, 19.6/15.6 L/100km
Dimensions, L 190” (4.8m) x W 78” (1.96m) x H 95” (2.4m), including storage box
Fits into container
2” body lift
modified rear springs (adds 1”lift)
Rear Air shocks
Oversized AT tires 235/75R15 (with full size spare) 50% tred life at time of handover
Wheel locks
Hidden Integrated ignition kill switch
95% tinted rear windows, 50% tinted driver and passenger windows

Exterior Features
Roof Rack
ARB Awning, 8’ x 8’ (2.5m x 2.5m) with LED lighting
ARB 5 walled bug screen (attaches under awning)
Yakima 15 cu.ft. roof top storage box
5 gallon (20L) solar shower with compressor fitting (plenty of water pressure)
5 gallon (20L) spare fuel tank on the roof
100w solar panel on roof (attaches with locks and is removable with 50’ extension cord)
50” 300w LED light bar above windshield

Interior Features
175 Amp Hour AGM house battery
2000w inverter
120v outlet
Small safe bolted to the frame, accessible from the interior
Overhead LED lighting
14” Roof mounted vent fan with 3 speeds, 2 way airflow, and rain sensor
Interior shelving
Small chemical toilet, stores under couch and between front seats while in bed mode
Hardwood flooring
Couch expands to double bed with 4” memory foam mattress
All bed linens included,
3 Large plastic storage containers stored under the couch
Front passenger seat swivels 180°
Curtains for every window and separating cab form bed
Front windshield privacy/sun shades

Kitchen
2 way AC/DC refrigerator
2 burner propane stove, slides out from under refrigerator
1 gallon (4L) propane tank, under sink
Stainless steel sink with hand pump faucet
7 gallon (28L) water tank, under sink
120v outlet
LED work light
Storage, shelving, baskets
Flatware, silverware, tupperware, and kitchen towels
2 pans, 1 pot and large variety of cooking utensils
Dutch oven

Included equiptment
Garmin handheld, waterproof GPS with all maps for North and South America loaded
12v air pump, for tires and shower
12v rechargeable vaccum (very, very usefull)
Large adjustable height folding table
2 folding camp chairs
Vehicle levelers
Shovel, hatchet, machete, fire tongs, and folding grill
6 gallon (24L) collapsible bucket
Extra large, very extensive first aid kit
Fire extinguisher
Warning triangles
White sheet, required in some countries
Boogie board

Known problems
Small leak in A/C system, requires recharging every 4 to 5 months. (Usually costs about $20 US)
Cracked front windshield, runs half the length of the glass on the drivers side. It is on the lower portion of the glass and is not really very noticeable when driving.

Sun, 11/06/2016 - 01:45

Hi guys,

Hi guys,

Really interesting in your van as want to start our travels down south at the end of Jan! 

My number is +447718257119 and email is [email protected]

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Harry

Tue, 11/08/2016 - 05:19

Hi guys

Hi guys

Im interested in you car but I would like to my trip even from the beginning of January.

Please contact me 

andrew_mis23wp.pl

Take care!

Andrew Mis

Wed, 11/09/2016 - 18:11 (Reply to #3)

Hello Andrew,

Hello Andrew,

I tried responding to the email address you left but it did not work, anyways!!!! our email is [email protected] .com   Thanks for looking at our van and we are happy that you like it. Sorry for the delayed response, sometimes internet is hard to find. We are somewhat flexible on the date of handover, when were you thinking, and where would you be interested in picking it up? Im sure you also have many questions about the vehicle, let me know if you want to talk on the phone or maybe skype so we could show you all the features of the van. Look forward to talking to you soon.

Chris and Jenn

Fri, 11/11/2016 - 06:08 (Reply to #4)

Sorry, our correct email is

Sorry, our correct email is [email protected]

Fri, 12/09/2016 - 08:33

Van

Hi, I am interested in your van. Please contact me +5491156579852

Agustin from Argentina

Mon, 12/12/2016 - 17:50 (Reply to #6)

Hi Agustin,

Hi Agustin,

Thank you so much for looking and we are so glad you like the van. We are curently working with another couple and are expecting a down payment in the next few days. But..... if anything changes i will let you know right away. 

Thanks agian,

Chris

Mon, 12/12/2016 - 17:51 (Reply to #7)

Hi Agustin,

Hi Agustin,

Thank you so much for looking and we are so glad you like the van. We are curently working with another couple and are expecting a down payment in the next few days. But..... if anything changes i will let you know right away. 

Thanks agian,

Chris

Mon, 12/12/2016 - 17:51 (Reply to #8)

Hi Agustin,

Hi Agustin,

Thanks agian,

Chris