FOR SALE Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80 (1991), excellent condition, 14 photos, May 2016 in Argentina or Chile, US$9.500

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Mon, 09/14/2015 - 13:54

FOR SALE Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80 (1991), excellent condition, 14 photos, May 2016 in Argentina or Chile, US$9.500

1991 LHD Toyota Land Cruiser (FJ80) conversion to overland/expedition vehicle including ARB bull bar, winch, snorkel, three-inch lift, four extra lights, custom-built platform for bed and storage, and rear cargo carrier with additional gas cans and bicycle mount; a complete list of modifications is below.

The Cruiser is currently in Peru en route to South America and will be available in either Argentina or Chile in May 2016 (with Washington, D.C. plates)

I have spared no expense to keep it in excellent condition. The odometer currently shows 153,000 miles; I will put another 7,000-8,000 miles on it prior to sale. The tires will have approx. 40 percent of tread left and a full spare and crank are included. The exterior is 80 percent; aside from two rust spots on the hood, three flaky spots on the roof, one hand-size dent in the rear bumper, one surface scratch on the rear passenger door and a few minor dings, the body and undercarriage are in very good shape. The interior is in good shape, clean and has no odors or major tears. The dashboard cover is cracked due to sun exposure but all switches, levers etc. on the dashboard work as they should. The heated rear and third seat rows have been removed and are currently in storage in the U.S. but can be included in the sale if desired (buyer pays for shipping only). This Cruiser gets a lot of compliments and its AutoCheck score is ten points above the typical range. A complete list of work done by the previous owner between 2012 and 2014 and by me since September 2014 is included below.

Please e-mail me for additional photos and details!

Key specifications:

4.0L MPI EFI six cylinder gas engine with 155hp
Automatic transmission with central diff lock
Original blue-grey exterior and mid-grey carpet/cloth interior
Air conditioning, power steering, cruise control, power windows, power locks, power mirrors, electric tilt/slide sunroof
Power antenna and CD/AUX/USB stereo with four speakers
80L tank (maximum reach is 500km)

Modifications (>US$4,500 plus labor):

ARB bull bar with integrated 10,000lb 4.8hp winch, 100’ x 3/8’’ cable (US$1,700 plus labor)
BFGoodrich All-Terrain tires 33" and full-size spare on Toyota steel rims ($900 plus labor)
Old Man Emu 3-inch lift kit (US$750 plus labor)
Steel rear cargo carrier with two 20L gas cans and custom-built bicycle mount (US$270 plus welding)
Land Cruiser-branded snorkel for cleaner air intake (US$240 plus labor)
HELLA Euro beam halogen light (1x) and HELLA fog light (1x) with separate switches (US$220 plus labor)
Hidden kill switch (cuts power) for additional security (US$200 labor costs)
KC driving lights (2x) with separate switch (US$130 plus labor)
VIPER two-way alarm system with remote door lock and two remote controls (US$110 plus labor)
Hidden GPS tracker to follow vehicle online in real-time (US$40 plus labor)
Custom-built carpeted platform for full-size mattress and a variety of storage containers
Burgundy curtains on steel wires for privacy
Storage boxes, tarp, road safety equipment (fire extinguisher, reflective vest, triangle, axe)

NEW PARTS purchased and installed between 2012 and 2014, listed in alphabetical order:

Air filter
Alternator
Battery
Brake master cylinder
Brake pads and rotors rear
Fan belt
High beam switch
Power antenna mast
Power steering gear box
Radiator and cap
Steering column cover
Stereo and front speakers
Timing belt
Tires

NEW PARTS purchased and installed since September 2014:

12V power outlet with three-way splitter
ABS sensor rear
A/C amplifier assistant
Coolant temperature sensors
Fire extinguisher
Main seal
Power converter with two 110V outlets and USB charger
Power window motor front right
Safety accessories (vest, cones, reflective tape, first aid kit)
Seat belt front left
Thermostat and gasket
Wiper blades BOSCH front
Wiper water reservoir

SERVICES performed between 2012 and 2014:

Adjustment of rear brake shoes
Axle service with output flange seals and fluids
Resealed power steering box

SERVICES performed since September 2014:

A/C recharging (1x)
Belt tensioning (1x)
Brake pads front replaced
Brake fluid flush (1x)
Differential oils changed, front, rear and transfer (1x)
Engine coolant flush (2x)
Engine air filter
Lubrication of ball joints and U-joints (2x)
Oil changes with filters (5x)
Tire rotation (1x)
Transmission fluid change (1x)
Wheel bearings front rebuilt

Thu, 10/01/2015 - 12:46

FOR SALE Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80

dear Harry,

dear Daniel,

your Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80 is what I`m looking for - a bit too expensive but interesting though.

I`ll be in Buenos Aires / Argentina appr. Mid/End of May 2016 only. (flight will be booked these days)

my planned 6-month-trip: Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Chile till Terre del fuego and back to Buenos Aires.

If your car is still available by Mid/End of May 16, pls inform me.

rgds from Germany

Hannes

Fri, 10/09/2015 - 20:12 (Reply to #2)

Land Cruiser FJ80

Thanks a lot, Hannes -- I will definitely reach out if the Cruiser is still available by then. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at mosaikond/at/y....dotcom.

Daniel