Sharing container from Houston to Colombia (Cartagena) Jan 2020

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Mon, 10/28/2019 - 20:26

Sharing container from Houston to Colombia (Cartagena) Jan 2020

Hi DTA community,

I am planning to ship my car from Houston to Cartagena, Colombia in late January 2020. Shooting for an arrival in Cartagena around February 1st. 

Since I will be using a 40 feet container there will be plenty of room next to my Toyota 4Runner for a 2nd vehicle.

The freight forwarder I intent to use is Horizon Auto, shipping on Seaboard Marine. Given Seaboard's office location at the port in Cartagena it should make retrieving our vehicles a little easier. See also this account from a few years ago: https://birdsofpassage.wordpress.com/2015/04/15/shipping-a-vehicle-from-...

Please respond to this post and we can take it from there.

Happy travels!

Sun, 12/08/2019 - 12:19

Just a quick note that I

Just a quick note that I still have room in my container to share with a fellow traveler.

Mon, 01/20/2020 - 08:29 (Reply to #2)

Share container

Hi ,im David,and im planning to go south, do you still have room for a small car ?if yes how much would be ?

thanks

Mon, 01/20/2020 - 18:20

Hi David,

Hi David,

The car is getting shipped this week so I am afraid it's too late to add your vehicle. If your car is in Houston and you are ready to ship I can reach out to my shipper tomorrow and see if they can still fit it in but I don't think the chance is high.

Regards

Tue, 01/21/2020 - 08:26 (Reply to #4)

Hi

That would be nice , actually im in Virginia and i was planning to drive there , it would take me a couple of days, but please make me that big favor or send me some information, and thank you for answering .

god bless you