URGENT: 1982 Volkswagon Westfalia for sale in Quito - $3500

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Fri, 12/16/2016 - 14:31

URGENT: 1982 Volkswagon Westfalia for sale in Quito - $3500

1982 Aircooled Volkswagon Westfalia with rebuilt engine in Quito.  Ecuador visa runs out mid February.  

This van served us well for over 30,000 kilometers across South America. Surprisingly no major issues along the way.  

Our goal was to drive the van to the United States, so we used Ecuador as a base to rebuild the engine and prepare for the Central American leg of our trip.  However, we were forced to call the trip short and are now selling our beloved westy.

The van was purchased in Chile and comes with a Chilian registry.  Therefore, upon purchase, I will provide a Power of Attorney from the Chilian consulate and notarized here in Boston so you can register the car in your name in Chile as described here: http://www.registrocivil.cl/PortalOI/html/faq/Cod_Area_3/Cod_Tema_11/pre...

Upgrades:

It came without the original interior, but has the original cooking gas tank.  We replaced the interior, as you an see from the picture to make it comfortable.  This includes a nice power converter and two new batteries so you can have power throughout the night.  Also, a new two burner gas stove that runs off the external gas tank.  A new CD player with new speakers, etc.  New tires on the van about 10,000 kilometers ago and have two used spares.  

Condition:

The good: The overall condition of the van is good with no rust. 

The bad: It does have a dent in the driver side door from the wind blowing it open in Patagonia.  The sliding door handle is also removed, but can be opened from the inside (a new one can be easily installed).  

Replacements: Starter, gas lines (upon purchase), break pads (upon purchase), battery, spark plugs and wires, rubber cv joint boots. Fresh engine overhaul.  

If you're looking for a good van for the Pan American this is it. It has made us westy lovers for life. 

- Sorry, for the lack of photos, as mentioned, we were not planning on selling. 

Sun, 12/25/2016 - 05:32

Bus for us?

Hi there,
We are currently travelling in Colombia and are looking for a little campervan to continue south. We felt in love with your little VW campervan and are very interested to buy it.
Feel free to contact us on: jer.lei(at)gmx.ch

Wed, 12/28/2016 - 02:50

westfalia

Hi guys please contact me. I would like to get more details from you.

[email protected]

Take care :)

Andrew

Tue, 01/03/2017 - 07:09

still for sale?

Hey guys,

Do you still have the van for sale?  If so let me know :-)

[email protected]

whattsapp +4553763773

Wed, 01/11/2017 - 05:36

Westy still for sale?

Hola!

Is the campervan still for sale? If so, would be great to chat a bit more through whatsapp about it: +972-505-703-123

Fri, 02/03/2017 - 11:07

still for sale?

At the moment Im in quito and looking for a van.. is yours still for sale?

Wed, 03/01/2017 - 01:17

Nice post

Happy to know more about the Volkswagon Westfalia. I would like to visit this place. I am  aprofessional writer at the research paper writing service . I like to visit new places during my holidays. Please provide more details about this place i am eagerly waiting for it.

Sun, 03/05/2017 - 06:21

Still for sale?

Wondering if your bus is still in Quito! We are currently in Cuenca and are very interested in the bus

Thu, 03/23/2017 - 12:06

buyer

hi interested in your car. do you still have ir for sale. please contact me.

[email protected]

thanks