wanted: vehicle for 2 adults and 2 young kids, Argentina, Chile or Brazil April to July 2014

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Thu, 08/08/2013 - 22:15

wanted: vehicle for 2 adults and 2 young kids, Argentina, Chile or Brazil April to July 2014

We need a reliable vehicle preferably 4 x 4 for a 6 month trip in Southern South America. Thanks for any tips or info. Matt

Sat, 08/10/2013 - 12:29

Nissan Xterra

I will be finishing in Argentina or Brazil  in another 2 months or so I think. 

Sat, 08/10/2013 - 12:30

Sorry, just noticed that said

Sorry, just noticed that said 2014.  I need to read more carefully.  lol.

Sun, 08/11/2013 - 12:55

Nissan frontier

Ill have a 03 Nissan frontier extended cab available right after World Cup in brazil. Message me for more details if you're interested. 

Juan. 

Fri, 09/06/2013 - 19:49 (Reply to #4)

Hi Juan, yes please send some

Hi Juan, yes please send some details, Matt

Sat, 08/17/2013 - 21:23

F350 4x4 dually with camper

Hi, we are currently traveling to Ushuaia and will sell our truck and camper end of February 2014. A bit early for you, but maybe it works? It is quite big and has enough room to sleep 4. Message me and I'll send you more info.
Michaela

Fri, 09/06/2013 - 19:50 (Reply to #6)

Hi, yes we would like some

Hi, yes we would like some more details, thanks, Matt

Thu, 10/10/2013 - 06:20

More info - sorry for the delay

Sorry, I thought I'd get an email if you reply, so just stumbled on this again by coincidence.
It is a 4x4 F350 pickup dually diesel 7.3l from 2000 with California license plates, currently it has 143k miles on it. New brake pads in front, new tires. New suspension put in in Mexico at the start of our trip. We'll still drive it to Ushuaia so there will be another 10k miles to add to it.
On top of it is a 2000 Bigfoot camper. It is in great shape, everything works. Only the black and grey tank level indicators are flaky, but it is easy to know where you are with that. It has agas heater which worked even at 4300m (haven't tried it higher than that yet), a gas stove with 3 burners and an oven and a gas / electricity fridge and freezer. Microwave, Air condition. Generator with only 70 hours on it. Solar panel which gives us enough energy to charge laptops and devices on top of everything else. Bathroom with separate shower and toilet, hot water heater. Lots of storage space and a basement compartment for camping chairs, table etc. The dinette converts into a bed for children.
I can take some pictures and send them to you, we haven't posted it anywhere yet as we are just getting started to think about selling it.

Sun, 10/13/2013 - 14:37 (Reply to #8)

Hi there, Thanks for the info

Hi there, Thanks for the info. Have you got some pictures? How much are you asking? Matt

Tue, 11/05/2013 - 09:14 (Reply to #9)

Link to doc with more info

Hi there, here are some puictures and even more information:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17_C-52CEONcTZC3Gpp68qalDri4TmLXbFW-X...

Please email me directly if you are interested, I'll get yoru message faster this way.

Thu, 01/02/2014 - 19:48 (Reply to #10)

Hi again. The camper looks

Hi again. The camper looks like something that would be good for us, but the is over our price range. What is the lowest you would go? Thank you, happy travels, matt

Sat, 10/12/2013 - 16:29

On the way to Southamerica!

Hello!

I'm in Panama right now and like to ship my car Toyota 4Runner Limited Bj. 2000 to Southamerica! Next spring around March, April when I'm done with the tour I like to sell the car in South America!

Let me know if you are interested!

e-mail: [email protected]

Tom

Sun, 01/12/2014 - 14:08

Still looking?

Hey Matt,

We're looking at parting ways with our beautiful converted Chevy Van in Chile or nearby around April/May/June ths year.

If you're interested in more info please contact me at drgonzois(@)hotmail(.)com

Cheers mate,

Sunny

Wed, 01/15/2014 - 22:00

Our Ford E-350 may suit you perfectly

Hi,

we are still traveling since 14 months and 20000km in our van. We are 2 parents with 3 kids and may be leaving the van with car seats also. There is plenty of space as the equipment is very simple and I dar The price will be around 3000USD. We are at Foz do Iguazu and will be travelling north, so Lima (or any close border crossing) would be the place to start from.

Send me an e-mail to [email protected] if you would like to have some more photos. When would you like to start your trip. Would May be too late?

Lukas

P.S.: Here you have one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_PjZeql8NqIRTY4ODhtOHMweU0/edit?usp=sh...

Thu, 01/16/2014 - 12:30

free car

Hi
We have an Suzuki Ignis that we won't need any more in april.

You can have it for free if you take care of the papers, its in nothern chile.

If interested (or any others) let me know at tirsted(@)gmail(.)com.

Wed, 02/12/2014 - 10:16

Dodge B250 campervan

Hi Matt,

Not sure if you have found a vehicle yet, and we don't know what size your looking for,

but our fully camperized (three burner stove) with a fold up bed and a big pull-out bunk bed (suitable for kids) will be for sale in April....in south Chile or Argentina depending on negotiation.

Here is a link to our Van where you can also watch a video: 

http://www.drivetheamericas.com/forums/dodge-ram-campervan-sale-argentin...

Take care,

Zuzana and Kamil