Instructions to provide to the shipping agency at the loading port in Gye, Costa Rica
1) According the new Customs Regulations published past Dec 29TH/2010, you must include the following sentence into the description of the cargo - "Regimen de excepcion Art 167 del COPCI - Vehiculo de Uso Privado del turista - "
2) If your have personal belongings, pls note you can also declare into the description of the bl, the quantity of boxes containig Personal Effects.
3) For the clearance of your vehicle + personal effects, you will be requested to sign a DJT " Declaracion Juramentada del Turista", a document which will be printed by the customs Authority at Manta and direcly fm the customs system called SICE
4) Bl should include following clause “Normal wear + tear”
5) Bl should not include the “CLEAN ON BOARD” clause.
6) Bl must be consigned to the owner of the vehicle (COMPLETE FIRST AND LAST NAME) + the PASSPORT NUMBER
Fees as of 3/3/2011:
- (BILL OF LADING FEE ) USD 45,00 + IVA( 12%)
- ISSUANCE OF ORIGINAL BL USD 45,00 + IVA (12%)
- The actual Storage charges at the Port Authority of Manta are as follows (be informed that the storage charges will be reviewed by the Ecuadorian Port Authority, therefore the below mentioned tariff may changed by vessels arrival.)
- Vehicles with a gross weight less than 3 MTons = USD 1.10 per day
- Vehiculos with a Gross weight even or higher than 3 MTons = USD 7,00 per day
Address of the Agency at Gye, Costa Rica
TRANSOCEANICA CIA LTDA
MALECON 1401 e ILLINGWORTH
3ER PISO (Customer Service Area)
TELF 2598060 EXT 1332 / MS GINGER RODRIGUEZ – Front Desk
Address of the Agency at Manta, Ecuador
TRANSOCEANICA CIA LTDA
AVENIDA 2DA ENTRE CALLES 11 Y 12
EDIFICIO BANCO PICHINCHA
9NO PISO OFICINA 905
TELF 05 2627442
Contacts : Mr. Luciano Valencia (CEL 593-9-95553205)/ Ms Sandra Villama
To retrieve your car at the receiving port
Regarding the permits to enter to the Port premises upon vessels arrival to Manta, pls contact mr Luciano Valencia at Manta, who will be glad to attend you.
Additional inquires will be replied by our Claims Dptm./ MR GUSTAVO SOSA
Who is responsible for possible damage to the car or things within the car in case of rough seas or other damage?
Unit is checked before loading and a loading tally is issued confirming conditions of vehicle when received from its shipper/owner. Shipping line responsibility is limited to transport the cargo from loading port to destination port and deliver it in the same conditions checked when loaded on board the vessel.
At the moment of discharge in destination port unit is once again checked and a discharge tally is issued by terminal operator.
What happens if items in the vehicle are missing on arrival? Do you have an items list which will be checked on arrival? What happens and who is responsible in the rare even that the vehicle is missing or does not arrive in Ecuador?
In case of damages verified to be under shipping line responsibility, customer must file a formal claim before shipping line/agency in order to be handled by shipping line insurers.
- Geraldine Paredes Abeiga
- Sub Gerente Dpto Documentacion / Deputy Manager
- Telf : (593)-4-2598060 Ext 1760 / Dir. 2598082
- Fax : (593)-4-2598069
- Cel : (593)-9-5553190
- skype: geraldine-paredes.tcl
- [email protected]
- Ginger Rodriguez
- Customer Service NYK
- Telf: 2-598060 Ext 1332
- Fax: 2-598060 Ext 1339
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Gustavo Sosa A.
- Deputy Manager
- Claims/Overdue Full Control
- Phone: (593-4) 2598060 Ext. 1550
- Email: [email protected]
- Skype: gustavo.sosatcl